10 quick and easy tips to SPEND LESS and MARKET MORE!Feb 25, 2021
The prospect of marketing your business can be overwhelming, especially during challenging times when your budget is tight.
But don’t despair…
Often the most simple and cost-effective ideas can produce the best results.
In fact, there's much you can do which costs very little (apart from your time and application).
So put your credit cards away - here’s my...
10 quick and easy tips to SPEND LESS and MARKET MORE!
- Blog – Still one of the most effective ways to share your knowledge and expertise as well as position your brand and extend your reach. Engage with your desired audience in a more informal way - search engines love them too!
- Network (Online) - Currently over 250,000+ social media groups - region, sector, and industry-specific.
Networking online will provide an opportunity to engage with like-minded professionals as well as source new business opportunities and promote your brand.
- Social Media Engagement – it’s not just about posting stuff on your social media feeds, you need to encourage engagement and build your community! Here’s how:
🔸 Connect/follow people who are of interest to your business - whether customers/consumers, trade partners/suppliers - even competitors!
🔸 Comment on posts – especially if positive/constructive
🔸 Take part in group chats – extend your social reach, promote your expertise but don’t sell!
🔸 Always thank people if they like / retweet / share your content
🔸 Always reply to comments – it shows you're engaged and listening! Especially if they are questions, but beware of your tone
🔸 Don’t ever ‘force sell’ – inform, educate and engage!
- Customer Referral Program - Offer your existing customers something for referring new customers. Free samples, discounted products or services, or even a worthy gift, will encourage your customers to become brand advocates for your business – spreading the news far and wide!
- Collaborate – If your competitors are large established businesses that seem to win every contract going, maximize your competitiveness by collaborating with other businesses who share common interests.
For example - An accountant working with an HR consultant...
A marketer working with a printer...
A florist working with an event planner...
- Google My Business – enhance the chance for people to find you on Google – especially if you’re marketing to a local audience, you need to have a Google My Business profile! Check it out - it's FREE! Google will love you!
- Host a free webinar – a (virtual) face-to-face presentation with an engaged audience / potential customers sharing your expertise and knowledge, BUT don't just sell - consider the ‘value’ you are offering!
- Create an eBook - another golden opportunity to promote your knowledge and expertise – adding value to our customer experience! Use them to build your email list – but make sure they’re GDPR friendly.
- Newsjack - share your views on a current trending’ story - great for brand positioning and expressing your knowledge, expertise, and values.
- Sneaky Marketing - how you can promote your business using your regular, run-of-the-mill communication channels? For example:
🔸 Email signatures – a great opportunity to place a banner advert or text promotion with a hyperlink back to your website.
🔸 Invoices and monthly statements – how about including a dedicated URL or blog post link to a promotion landing page or invitation to an event... you could also include this on delivery notes, envelopes, tags, labels, and packaging too!
🔸 Business cards – still as popular as ever... how about including a unique link / QR code? Relatively easy to create and it works too!
🔸 Answerphone message – provide useful tips and free advice - keeping your caller ‘engaged’. Word of warning, however... unless you have a voice like Mariah Carey, I'd forget the singing messages ;)
I hope you have found this article useful. If you wish to receive more marketing goodness like this, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter – subscribe here
If you're not sure where to start with your marketing plan - Download my free guide here: ‘How to create your Marketing Masterplan Blueprint’
If you need a fresh pair of eyes and ears’ to have a closer look at how you market and grow your business, let’s talk / meet for an informal chat – message me or email: [email protected]