How make a positive first impression with your marketingOct 15, 2019
I’m sure we can all remember a time when we experienced poor customer service...
And, I’m sure we told family, friends, colleagues – and the rest of the world on social media!
As buyers and consumers, we have more power and control than ever when it comes to deciding what, where, how and when we purchase.
Which puts a great deal of pressure on business owners - as first impressions DO count!
So here’s my five tips for making a positive first impression with your marketing:
- Make sure your branding is consistent across all your marketing channels – from letterhead to website, social media to packaging and point of sale – inconsistency may present a fragmented and disjointed business in your customers mind.
- Consider your customer journey from the initial enquiry right through to after-sales service – make the experience meaningful and rewarding.
- Consider your tone of language – friendly is fine, but always remain professional. How formal / informal is your target audience? Is there a certain type of communication they are accustomed to?
Imagery is also important – does it present a clear and coherent presentation of your brand values and personality? A smiling face will always attract a positive response.
- Make sure your marketing content (such as blogs, videos, brochures, eBooks, podcasts, etc.) provides true value – educate your customers on how your product / service will benefit their needs and desires first, rather than bombarding them with sales messages and promotional offers.
- And finally, if meeting face-to-face for the first time, smile, shake hands, listen and learn before expressing your opinion and sales spiel – mutually beneficial relationships are built on trust and respect.