Picture the scene…
You’re attending a business event – an opportunity to network!
You enter the room, exchanging glances with various people, some you recognise, others you don’t.
Suddenly someone approaches you. You’ve never met before – they’re friendly, extremely confident and they start talking to you.
They introduce themselves and their business … their unbelievable product / service … their enviable customer base … their amazing sales team … and this months ‘special offers’
At this point you’re feeling a little overwhelmed – but it continues…
Ok, so this sounds like a nightmare scenario (maybe you’ve experienced it), but it’s surprising how many businesses do this – every day – with their marketing.
They constantly push the ‘WHAT’
- WHAT my business is
- WHAT unbelievable product / service we provide
- WHAT an enviable customer base we have
- WHAT an amazing sales team we have
But very rarely promote the ‘WHY’
- WHY my business exists
- WHY my product / service will provide unbelievable value for your business
- WHY I know you will be an amazing customer
- WHY I would like to meet with you and learn more about your business
Does your business push the ‘WHAT’ or promote the ‘WHY’ ?