Before you spend a penny on your marketing...
How about doing a quick marketing audit?
Marketing can be an expensive activity for your business, so it's good to know what's working and what isn't long before you invest your hard earned cash.
For a small business, a marketing audit doesn't need to be too in depth, just concentrate on the important factors which have a big impact on your business operations, resources and spend. Such as:
Your target audience
Your marketing channels and tools
Your measurement and control
It's surprising how many businesses still use lots of different marketing tools, not knowing whether they're getting ROI or just wasting time and money.
We all desire the 'personal touch' and thanks to new technologies, marketing has become much more personal.
And, choosing the ‘right’ tools and channels will enhance communication and engagement.
Here are my 6 tips to consider when planning your marketing strategy:
1. What value does your product / service offer your customer? What type of content will help you educate this in your marketing?
2. What types of media does your target audience consume – videos, blogs, eBooks - the list could be endless so prioritise!
3. Do you have a specific budget – always best to agree this first before purchasing so you don't overspend.
4. Do you have a specific timescales in mind – some tools and channels can take longer to gather momentum and provide results.
5. Which channels are your competitors using - what type...